Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Modern Temper by Lynn Dumenil Mini Review

The Modern Temper: American Culture and Society in the 1920sThe Modern Temper: American Culture and Society in the 1920s by Lynn Dumenil

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I originally saw this book online, but since I didn't have the money right then to purchase it, I decided the next best thing was to go the library (Which was awesome. I'm definitely going more often.)

Compared to the lighthearted Flapper: A Madcap Story of Sex, Style, Celebrity, and the Women Who Made America Modern, I liked that this book gave a more serious side to the Twenties. It also had more than a paragraph dedicated to minorities, so I was very happy for that.

I will definitely buy my own copy of this book when I get a chance. It'll be helpful for research for my series set in the 1920s.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment