Friday, February 21, 2014

Triangles by Ellen Hopkins Review

TrianglesTriangles by Ellen Hopkins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


My friend Sky had recommended Ellen Hopkins book. I believe that was four years ago. It wasn't until this year that I thought to look for them at my local library.

The thing that stuck out to me about reading this was how fast it seemed to go by. Before I knew I was 50 pages in. The story was gripping and I felt like each main character's voice was unique. I felt like there was a certain realism about these characters and I really loved that.

I was unsure about reading it thought because I didn't know how the format would work. I had never heard of a verse novel before. The book was sectioned by each characters and it would have poems that continued the story. I originally thought it was going to be one long poem but I really liked how it worked out since there was three different narrators.

The end was satisfying and I really want to read Tilt. I might just have to seek it out from the Hollywood Branch. I tried to go for a book there once before but I got lost. But I think I'll chance it again.



View all my reviews

I definitely rec this book! Try it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment