Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mercy by Lucille Clifton Poetry Review

MercyMercy by Lucille Clifton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I don't remember exactly which poem I read by Mrs. Clifton first but I remember liking it. When it came time for me to buy books I thought of her and I ordered this collection.

It is marvelous. The poetry flows well and I particularly like the 9/11 sequence. I feel like that section in particular is still relevant to America post 9/11

The last section with the poems from the Other World where really great as other well. I feel like they were trying to impart some wisdom and I feel like I need to hear it.

I loved this collection and I will be looking into more of her work.



View all my reviews

I am just getting into her poems but I really enjoy her work and I feel like this volume spoke to me. I highly recommend trying some of her stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment