Thursday, January 1, 2015

Two Josei Manga Reviews

Well I've already read five manga. I've reviewed three of them but I'm only post two here. The first review is for the first volume of Happy Marriage by Maki Enjouji

Happy Marriage?!, Vol. 1Happy Marriage?!, Vol. 1 by Maki Enjouji

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I didn't remember but I had read the first two chapters of this somewhere. I decided to buy this today and I really enjoyed it. I'm interested to see how the protagonists relationship will develop. It does sort of remind me of Butterflies, Flowers with the boss of the girl formerly being the servant except this time it was another family member. I liked Butterflies, Flowers but as of now I haven't finished it. I liked this volume. Didn't really love it but it was nice.



View all my reviews

The second is Midnight Secretary by Tomu Ohmi


Midnight Secretary, Vol. 1Midnight Secretary, Vol. 1 by Tomu Ohmi

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Now even though I glanced at the blurb I didn't not know one of the characters was a vampire. (How dense can you be Dee?) But let's say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a sucker for vampire stories. (Fangbanger?)

I think what I liked most about this is that the guy has started to crave her blood and hers only! Yay! But I don't like that he's a jerk. I used to love the jerky heroes but as I age I have less patience for them. It doesn't stop me from reading but it annoys me like you wouldn't believe.

Definitely going to continue with this series.



View all my reviews

And I really enjoyed these. I mean after reading the first volume of Happy Marriage I went on a manga buying spree haha. I love these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment