Friday, March 23, 2012

Protected by the Prince Mini Review

Protected by the Prince: The Weight of the CrownProtected by the Prince: The Weight of the Crown by Annie West

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I started this while I was waiting in the doctor's office. I quite ignored the fact that I already had a book I was supposed to be reading. But then that's how I roll.

I liked the premise of the book. Plus the I quite liked the name Tasmin. Tasmin herself was pretty interesting and I found myself wanting to know more about her childhood because of a line. I liked Alaric, but his name though. Maybe it's because of recent events online, but the name just wasn't doing it for me. I liked him fine, but his name though. I cringed everytime I read it, but that's not the author's fault. Just personal taste on my part.

Some of the lines were a bit cheesy. Normally I can ignore this and if I'm being honest, I like certain cheesy lines. But these seemed like a bit much for me.

All in all I give the book 3 stars. I enjoyed it, but I thought it could have been better.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment