Saturday, January 4, 2014

Rough Magic by Paul Alexander Review


Rough Magic: A Biography Of Sylvia PathRough Magic: A Biography Of Sylvia Path by Paul Alexander

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I started this book near the end of last year. I had bought the ebook a few months back but I didn't start on it right away.

When I started reading this I grew more interested in Sylvia. It's safe to say that I already had an interest since I bought journals, then the collected poems, and then finally this. But it wasn't until I dug into the bio that I really became fascinated with Sylvia.

Her life at the surface seems so different from mine. She's from New England, both her parents were professors. But I was struck how similar we seemed. Both academic and literary minded. While I was reading the bio I dug into the journals again. It literally felt to me like it was something I would write. I just connected with her.

This book has given me a greater knowledge of her and has truly made me appreciate her work. I also like Alexander's writing style. It was very readable and I liked the structure of it.

For my first book of 2014 I'm glad it was this one.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment