Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fifty Days of Grey: Chapters 3 and 4

Fifty Days of Grey banner

So chapter 3 picks up with the photoshoot. I guess it's pretty standard since the only reference I have on photoshoots are ANTM. But Christian asks Ana out for coffee.

So what I'm getting from this chapter is that Grey gets all in her business and I like that she's sorta offended by this. She doesn't tell him to stop asking or anything but I'll give her points for recognizing this. And she is very persistent about labeling him a control freak.

Ana is clumsy of course and she nearly gets ran over by a cyclist. So she ends up in his arms and she DESPERATELY wants him to kiss her.

But he doesn't. He tells her he doesn't do the girlfriend thing. She takes this to mean that he doesn't want HER for a girlfriend. So she leaves angrily and broods over that.

She dreams about him and then the scenes cut to her taking her English exams. After that she returns home where Kate announces she has a package. Inside are first editions of Tess of the D'Ubervilles. Now I would be excited by something like that and she is but there is a cryptic note along with it. She's rightly frustrated.

So she, Kate, the regular photographer, and Jose celebrate their final exams. Ana gets drunk. Sloppily drunk and drunk dials Christian. He demands to know where is she and Ana is like haha no. She excuses herself to go outside and Jose follows a little later. Jose forces kisses on her and Christian shows up in the nick of time. Stare off. Christian is going to take her home but the girl faints.

So my thoughts on these chapters are is that I so don't like how controlling Christian is. Like even the MC realizes it. It hasn't overwhelmed me just yet.

And it's been awhile since I read Twilight but I don't recall Bella being so...snarky? I mean I vaguly that she was supposed to be sarcastic. I was fifteen when I first read Twilight but over the years Bella began to annoy me. Ana doesn't annoy me at this point but there are twenty more chapters to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment