Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt Review

Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7)Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I started reading this book this morning. Now I want to say that this is not the first book I've picked up over the past six weeks but it was the one that kept my attention. I think that says a lot about Ms. Hoyt's work.

I'm not particularly attached to either the hero or the heroine. I read Duke of Midnight with Artemis. I enjoyed her story more what with the plain companion and the duke and the like.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy this book. I really loved the bits with Daff and Indio. I think they were the best. I liked the reveal of his background.

With saying that I didn't quite love this book. It was nice to read but I didn't love it like I did with some of Ms. Hoyt's other work. It's a nice addition but it didn't quite have that POP! I'm excited to read the next Maiden Lane series.

And I like the snippets of Asa. I am dying to read his story.

Three stars. Entertaining story but lacking in that POP.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment