Monday, November 17, 2014

The Duff by Kody Keplinger Review

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat FriendThe DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had heard about this book awhile back. I finally decided to buy it a few months ago.

What prompted me to read it now was a post on ONTD. I read about the casting of it. My internal monologue was like: "Don't I have that book? Yes you definitely have that book. Should I read it? Yes you should definitely read it."

I started it on Saturday night. I really liked it. Bianca is a nice narrator though she did kinda get on my nerves. She's abrasive but that's how she was written. She's a pretty realistic teenage narrator.

Her relationship with her friends is what really sold me on this book. I looked the little bit on how she became friends with Casey and esp. with Jessica. I've made a lot of my friends similar ways and it really touched me.

I thought her relationship with her parents was really well done too. I mean haven't we all held something in because we didn't know to approach the other person? I mean hell I still do that.

And Wesley. Alright I'm going to admit I was rooting for her to end up with him. My ideal type is cocky. But I'm glad that he mended his ways. And I like that they bonded over their family lives.

I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to reading more from the author.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment