Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Handmaiden's Necklace by Kat Martin Review

The Handmaiden's NecklaceThe Handmaiden's Necklace by Kat Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I greatly enjoyed this book. I had been wanting to read it for awhile, so I bought it one day on the Harlequin site along with a slew of other ebooks. It was few months before I actually read it though.

The premise is an interesting one. Rafe believes that his betrothed betrayed and he leaves her for five long years. When they meet again it's a function and they still have that undeniable attraction between them.

Unfortunately Dani has become engaged to an American business and she travels with her lady maid and her aunt to the country to marry him and of course Rafe follows her.

What I liked the most about this book was how realistic the characters seemed. Rafe and Dani shared a passion, but both were hesitant to fall in love with each other.

There were a few mysteries going on the book, if you can call them that. Maybe the correct word would be intrigues? There's a subplot with Dani's maid, Caro Loon and a man she originally meet in the Americas. I thought it was well done as well.

I wasn't aware that there were two previous books to this series. I usually try to start with the first book. I thoroughly enjoyed and I will be buying the other two books in the series. Look out for review of those.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment