Thursday, August 2, 2012

Seduction & Scandal by Charlotte Featherstone Review

Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1)Seduction & Scandal by Charlotte Featherstone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I bought this book awhile ago. It wasn't until I went in search of a book on my crowded bookshelves and discovered this one hiding that I picked it up.

The main story is about Isabella and Black. I liked that Black could admit that he loved Isabella, since so many romance heroes seem to be love-phobes. Isabella was actually the more reluctant one in the relationship. She was afraid of going down her mother's path, which is understandable.

There was two other subplots. One was about the objects of the Templars which Black and his associates of the Brotherhood had been tasked to protect. I'm a sucker for stuff that has to do with religion (Which is strange since I'm kind of eh about religion in my personal life).

The other subplot was with Lucy, Isabella's cousin, dealing with the supernatural and trying (view spoiler)[ to reach her dead lover or so I think he's dead, but the end of this book left off with Sussex giving her some lace which she had gave her lover. It was kind of confusing to me, but it sets up the next book. I might have to go back and read that. (hide spoiler)]

I only give the book four stars because while interesting, I didn't really like the story within a story. Isabella was writing a novel. I was okay with it at first, but after awhile it got tedious, but that's how I feel personally. I did think it was fun to read though.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment