Friday, August 24, 2012

Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning Review

Star Wars: Tatooine GhostStar Wars: Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had heard about this book back in 2005 when I was in the first throes of my Star Wars obsession. After I tried and failed to read Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, I stayed away from the EU and other science fiction books.

Fast forward five years or so, I realized that the books that I just couldn't deal with at the tender age of fifteen now make more sense to me. So I figured why not try the EU again? The first book I read was Star Wars: The Courtship of Princess Leia and while I enjoyed it. I felt that the portrayal of Leia was somewhat...off. She didn't seem to be the same woman from the movie series. I know that with different authors writing the EU, it's a possibility that the characters make act OOC.

But with Tatooine Ghost I felt that Denning had a better grip on Leia and not just Leia but her relationship with Han. The two of them really matched their movie versions. Their banter felt familiar.

I have to admit I was more interested in Leia's feeling about her father more than I was about the recovering the painting. It was very interesting to see Leia contemplate her father's turn to the darkside and all the atrocious things he did. It felt realistic.

I thought the story was wrapped up perfectly with the ending.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment