Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Wicked Lord Montague by Carole Mortimer Review

The Wicked Lord Montague (Castonbury Park #1)The Wicked Lord Montague by Carole Mortimer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been looking forward to reading this series ever since I saw it show up on my Facebook feed. I've never watched the Upstairs Downstairs drama that popularized this type of books, but I've started Downton Abbey and after reading this book, I certainly want to watch both dramas.

Giles throughout the book seemed was pompous and arrogant and he eventually showed his softer side. I thought he seemed to embody what a man of his class would be like in that situation. I thought that added more realism to the story. I don't think I would have bought it if he weren't.

Lily was a great heroine, she stood up for herself, but she could always recognize her feelings for Giles, even though she didn't want them.

The only squabble I had with the book was even though there were good Romani, I thought the reveal with Mrs. Lovell's nephew was a bit...idk I thought it fell to a stereotype. Now I don't know much about the Romani people, but I didn't think it was needed.

I have the second book of the series and I am looking forward to reading it!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment