Monday, June 11, 2012

After the Abduction by Sabrina Jefferies (Slight Spoilers)

After the Abduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #3)After the Abduction by Sabrina Jeffries
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this book as I so often do because of the cover. The updated cover not the same one as this edition. I know it is a horrible habit of mine, but it hasn't come back to bite me in the ass just yet. I vaguely recall reading the blurb and finding it interesting, I bought the book along.

Once I started reading it, I thought the the whole twin escapade and the whole secret identity was interesting, but I got bored of it pretty quick. I was more interested to find out what would happen when Juliet found out that Sebastian did parade as Morgan and he was the one that actually kidnapped her. I thought Jefferies did a good job it.

I also thought Sebastian was written very well. I could understand his reasons for not wanting to come out and say the l-word. Some many heroes are written to be love-phobic, but I could never understand a lot of their reasons other than the default: men don't want to commit. Sebastian did actually want to marry Juliet rather earlier on. But (view spoiler)[ he just didn't want to come and say he loved her and Juliet didn't want a marriage of convenience. They argued frequently over the whole trust issues, which I found to be realistically done. (hide spoiler)]

I give it 4 star. Really enjoyable, but the whole twin act sort of got on my nerves. I didn't know that this book was apart of a series, so I'll be going reading the rest of them sometime in the near future!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment