Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mary Boleyn: Mistress of Kings by Alison Weir

Mary Boleyn: The Mistress of KingsMary Boleyn: The Mistress of Kings by Alison Weir
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What I knew of Mary Boleyn came from biographies on Anne Boleyn. I looked forward to reading this book seeing as it was written by Weir.

I enjoyed the book, but for some reason I couldn't really connect with Mary like I did with Anne. Maybe it's because of the lack of information on her, but the text felt like it was missing something. The parts I most enjoyed were the first index where it talked about Mary's children and their connection to their cousin Elizabeth.

The book had all the facts, but I felt it was missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. It didn't feel very personal. But I can understand what with the lack of information on Mary Boleyn, how this may have had something to do with it. I'm still looking forward to reading The Life of Elizabeth I by Weir though!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment